- The trip strengthened it as my favourite city in the US (tied alongside Chicago)
- Met the lovely Heather who took me to a pre-release show thing of an awesome local Austin band, The Gorgeous Hands. Well I was in Austin so of course I need to go see some hip live music yo. Got introduced to the band and some other awesome people. Never felt that cool in a long time.
- Oh and their bassist looks disturbingly like one of my professors
- Toured UT. Lovely campus. I know you’re not supposed to pick grad school based on the city’s music scene but hey man UT’s a great school regardless
- Went to awesome record stores (Waterloo, End of an Ear,…), numerous antique shops where I got this miniature llama with a dumb face
- The flagship Whole Foods is something you have to see to believe. I mean, man, I’ve been to some Whole Foods but this is like a parallel universe
- The food is greaaaaaaaat, food carts are always a treat
- I kept wondering why they had so many Chile flags at first
- Overall A+++ city, would spend lots of time here again. Crossing fingers I manage to find a relevant program to apply to at UT Austin.
off to LA then hyuk hyuk hyuk
I live here.